1. Go to an online random word generator, such as http://creativitygames.net/random-word-generator (where you can get up to eight words at once) or http://www.wordgenerator.net/random-word-generator.php, and write down ten words — whatever you get.
2. Write one poem using all ten words, using any poetry form you like.
3. Bonus: Write one haiku for each of at least five of the words (focus on the nouns or verbs).
4. If you don’t like what results, try a different set of words, perhaps choosing words you like until you have ten to start with.
5. Have fun, but don’t forget to revise!
This poetry writing prompt submitted by Michael Dylan Welch.
If you write a poem from this prompt, post it as a comment underneath the prompt in the Poetry Super Highway Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/poetrysuperhighway